Monday, April 6, 2009

I wish I were a woman about half the time

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

women

are trouble
but i saw white
words in the back window
of a little red ford something
"women dont shoot people"

i came from between sweaty white
sticky thighs and mothers
insides and hate that i stretched
to break such an organ

and once there was a tiny drop
of blood on the head of tight white
sticky leathery condom
and wishing i could let it swim
in my veins

so i think about statistics
and other damn lies
in a gravel gray parking lot
with parliaments between my teeth
thinking that i stained my first
lungs for a women and hoping
she might smile if it kills me

1 comment:

Ginna FunkWallace said...

Hey, man. Nobody said it would be easy, or the drafts would be perfect at the first shot. Don't give up, and by the end of the month, you'll have a treasure chest to rewrite.